It's what's LEFT when you're tired of being WRONG.

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Transportation after the Big Snow

Lots of people are complaining that they're "annoyed" by late or full busses and trains. Many people are "troubled" by their experiences with less-than-normal situations with mass-transit after Tuesday's monster blizzard. All I can say is, I have had no problems with my 10 year-old Chevy Blazer 4x4. It continues to get me where I want to go day after day. It doesn't stink like a CTA bus, there aren't germs all over the seats and handrails like on a CTA train, and I don't have to walk up and down icy stairs and platforms to get to it. (not to mention, I don't have to deal with the smelly homeless creep who's staring at me from across the aisle) Additionally, if I change my mind mid-route, I can go anywhere I want without worrying about transfers. To top it all off, my entire cost for this luxury, including gas, insurance and maintenance is around $10 per day. I have a hint for all you mass-transit riders: If you don't own and control the vehicle you're riding in, stop complaining and lower your expectations. You are nothing more than a human cow, loading yourself onto your transport pod that is graciously provided to you by taxpayer subsidies and a mismanaged, money-hungry transit agency. If you're tired of leaving your fate in someone else's hands, pick up your deflated self-esteen and go buy a 10 year-old Chevy Blazer 4x4 instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home